Compliance to Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA)
We, at Ultra Supplies, conduct our operations in compliance with Singapore Personal Data Protect Act (PDPA). We understand and respect your need for privacy and we ask that you read this Personal Data Protection Policy carefully as it contains important information about how and why we collect, use and disclose your personal data.
Scope and Application of this Policy
- This policy covers all practices regarding personal data;
- This policy applies to all persons;
- This policy does not supersede or replace any earlier consents you may have provided to the Ultra Supplies; and
- This policy supplements all such pre-existing consents concerning the collection, disclosure and/or use of your personal data.
Collection of Personal Data
Personal Data may be collected from you in the following ways:
- Completing our cash sales invoice when making a purchase;
- Making enquiries or feedback using our online feedback and contact us forms;
- During recordings of calls made when you contact our hotlines, which may be recorded for training, quality control, business and/or other lawful purposes; and
- When providing your personal data to us, please ensure that it is accurate and complete.
You are deemed to have given your consent for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data in the above circumstances.
Purposes for Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
When you do provide us with your personal data, Ultra Supplies will generally use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to process your request for our services;
- to provide you access to specific information or offers;
- to respond to your enquiries or feedback;
- for generating bills, facilitate the payment of bills, manage accounts and for debt-recovery functions;
- to carry out credit checks and for the evaluation of creditworthiness;
- to manage, develop and improve our business and operations to serve you better;
- to provide delivery and directory assistance services;
- to provide complementary or value added services; and
- to carry out market research and customer surveys.
We do not sell or market your personal data to third parties. If we wish to collect, use or disclose your personal data for purposes additional to that stated in this policy, we will inform you of the same. We will only collect, use or disclose your personal data for such additional purposes upon your consent.
Limiting Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
Ultra Supplies shall collect, use or disclose your personal data only for the purposes disclosed to you unless the disclosure of your personal data is made in the following circumstances:
- Where the disclosure is permitted by you;
- Where the disclosure is permitted and/or pursuant to this policy and/or under the particular terms of the contract governing the transaction that you have entered into with us, and is reasonably appropriate in the circumstances;
- Where the disclosure is necessary to establish or preserve a legal claim or defense;
- In the event we believe that you are involved in any illegal or harmful conduct, or if we are required or permitted to do so by law or by regulatory authorities, or if we believe that the disclosure is necessary under the law or to prevent fraud or to protect any personal safety, right or property, we may, at our discretion, disclose your personal data to any appropriate investigative third party; and/or
- In the event that we employ other companies to provide services for us in connection with the services we provide to you.
Retention of Personal Data
We will collect and retain personal data via the procedures described in this policy for as long as you remain to be our customer, and for as long as it is necessarily required or relevant for business or legal purposes.
Withdrawal of Consent
You are able to withdraw your consent to our continued use and disclosure of personal data as described in this policy at any time. Such withdrawal should be made formally in writing to our Personal Data Protection Officer and mailed to No. 1 Queensway, #03-38 Queensway Shopping Centre, Singapore 149053.
Protection of Personal Data
Ultra Supplies has put in place security procedures and technical and organizational measure to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration and against unauthorized disclosure or access. Ultra Supplies’ website may contain links to non-Government sites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those sites.
Access to Personal Data
To the extent required by the Act, upon request, we shall provide you with an account of your personal data which is in our possession or control. You may approach our Personal Data Protection Officer in person, along with your identification card to fill up an application form to make request for information on your personal data. A copy of such information requested for shall be provided within thirty days at a cost of S$150.00 which need to be paid at the point of request.
Accuracy and Correction of Personal Data
You are encouraged to inform us when there are any changes to the data which you had provided to us, so as to ensure that we have the most current, accurate and complete information. Upon request, we may, in accordance with the Act, correct or complete any personal data found to be inaccurate or incomplete as soon as practicable. If you would like to update or correct your personal data held by Ultra Supplies, please write to our Personal Data Protection Officer with the following information:
- Your full name, as appeared in your NRIC;
- A clear photocopy of your NRIC;
- Your contact details;
- Name of our employee or department by whom your personal data was collected; and
- Details of your requested correction.
By providing to us the complete information, we will be able to update or correct your personal data as soon as possible. Alternatively, you may wish to submit your request by filling up an application form available at our office. Our Personal Data Protection Officer will confirm the receipt of your request within 7 days from the date of your request.
Personal Data Protection Officer (PDPO)
A PDPO has been appointed to ensure that we comply with the Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore. Please contact our PDPO via our Online Feedback Form at http://www.ultrasupplies.com.sg/contact-ultra-supplies-singapore should you have any questions or concerns relating to our Personal Data Protection Policy. For general queries and feedback relating to Ultra Supplies’ policies, you should expect a reply within 14 working days of us receiving your feedback. For other feedback requiring further investigation and/ or evaluation, we will reply within 30 working days of us receiving your feedback.
Ultra Supplies may revise and/or amend and/or supplement this Policy at its discretion from time to time. Such changes will be published on this website. Persons are advised to check back periodically to ensure that they are aware of any such changes. To the fullest extent permissible under Laws, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of this Policy